cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Interblock communication
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2007 06:43:08 GMT

Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> I'm not sure if it is directly helpful for your problem, but Spring
> 2.x offers request, session and global-session scoped beans
> (http://static.springframework.org/spring/docs/2.0.x/reference/beans.html#beans-factory-scopes-other).

Thanks, but that doesn't help. A portal typically consists of the portal
webapp and several portlet wars. The session variables have to be shared
across theses various webapps. However, the portlet spec mandates that
they each have their own session. Most portal vendors provide
proprietary ways around this.  Also, in this environment each portlet
war will have its own Spring container. The beans can't be shared
without getting ClassLoader errors.

These are the types of issues you want to avoid creating.

Ralph