cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to import cocoon-forms-sample in a new created block architecture
Date Mon, 18 Jun 2007 21:01:41 GMT
Hi Jean-Christophe,

Jean-Christophe Kermagoret pisze:
> I finally succeeded in adding forms and portal blocks in my webapp, but
> the behavior is not homogeneous.

Good to hear that, what was the problem with RCL?

> For example, when adding cocoon-forms-sample, I can access it to
> :8888/cocoon-forms-sample. But, when adding cocoon-portal-sample, I
> can't access it the same way (:8888/cocoon-portal-sample). I neet to use
> a pipeline like the one in cocoon-webapp/.../samples/sitemap.xmap, I mean :
>
>      <map:match pattern="cocoon-portal-sample/**">
>        <map:mount uri-prefix="cocoon-portal-sample"
> src="blockcontext:/cocoon-portal-sample/"/>
>      </map:match>

The differance between cocoon-forms-sample and cocoon-portal-sample is that the former has
been converted to use
servlet-service-fw and latter not. The convertion has been performed mainly by Felix so I'm
not sure why portal has been
left untouched.
Felix, can you comment on this?

Jean I think that conversion (and making portal samples up-to-date with recent changes to
forms) should not be that hard
to do. You can see how it was done in other blocks in commits archives. Do you think you would
be able to do it and
provide us a patch? If you want few more details about conversion process, see:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.cocoon.devel/73204

> The other problem is related to dojo-resources param that seems to be
> absent from the forms-field-styling.xsl. Maybe it is provided through a
> use-request-parameters alike ? Anyway, by just adding the <xsl:param
> name="dojo-resource" select="'resource/external/dojo/'"/>, it works again.

Where do you have to put it?

> Finally, does anybody know why this different behavior occurs ?

Hope that helps a little bit.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski