cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Interblock communication
Date Sun, 17 Jun 2007 22:19:04 GMT
Rice Yeh pisze:
> Hi,
>   With current servlet-service implementation, inter-block communication
> become a hard problem. I have used servlet-serivce in my project. I use
> block inheritance and association. However, because each request passed
> to the associated block is a newly created (instead of the original one
> gotten from client), many informations of request are lost in the called
> servlet-service, like parameters, locale, ..etc. Servlet-service is
> quite powerful on its function. But there are many functions still not
> complete yet. Cocoon 2.2 is now in RC, will Interblock communication
> problems be solved before 2.2 final release?

The issue you describe is related to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-2066. Fix
for COCOON-2066 makes old request object
available for newly created request object for servlet call so it's just matter of implementing
all necessary methods that will return
values obtained from original request object.

I think that it's quite trivial task now and I would be glad to see your patches submitted
to JIRA :-)

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski