cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cocoon 2.2 application memory consumption problems
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2007 11:42:46 GMT
joakim@verona.se pisze:
> Hello list,
>
> I've made a small cocoon 2.2 application which browses images
> contained i zip files.
>
> I started out with the cocoon project archetype.
>
> Basically I have a flowscript which figures out the content of a zip
> file using this:
>
>     var imgarc=new Packages.java.util.zip.ZipFile(basepath);
>
> gets the Enumeration of the files, converts it to a list, sorts it,
> and then does sendpage to a view page for each file.
>
> The image file in the zip is viewed with a cocoon jar protocol reader:
>
>       <map:match pattern="flib/**.cbz!**">
>         <map:read src="jar:file:///flib/{1}.cbz!/{2}"/>
>       </map:match>
>
> This application consumes about 1.5Gb virtual, 170 Mb resident,
> and I run out of heapspace after a while.
>
> The application is very simple. How can I debug this memory problem?
>
> I also use the Directory Generator to browse the files, and an xslt
> with some xpath 2.0 so I've configured saxxon.

Cocoon has a status generator that can give you information about objects stored in cache.
You can see it in action by running cocoon-webapp
and accessing http://localhost:8888/blocks/cocoon-core-main-sample/system/ (I discovered that
styling is little broken so I suggest to view
it as XML to not miss any important bits).

For more general memory measurements I suggest to use standard Java monitoring and profiling
tools.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski