cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Discussion about Maven
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2007 14:57:56 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko pisze:
> Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
>> On the other hand, milestones are just our internal releases and I
>> think we can live with these gaps.
>
> No, they are not internal:
>   http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/changes.html
>   http://archive.apache.org/dist/cocoon/SOURCES/
>   http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/cocoon/cocoon-core/2.2.0-M3/

Examples you provided do not apply to the situation I want to discuss. In 2.1 times we were
shipping all dependencies ourselves so there is
no problem of dependency resolution.

I was talking about the situation when we want to release some early alpha that has _snapshot_
dependencies that (obviously) are _not_
available at central server. If we want to make such a release it has to be "internal" because
we cannot ship it or upload at central. I
wanted to know what are our rules. Do we:
- want to have such a internal releases
OR
- we really think that world is perfect and we'll always depend on released artifacts even
in early stages of development
OR
- we do not make any early (alpha) releases at all (what about release early, release often,
then?)

I would really want to know your view on this issue.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski