cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Discussion about Maven
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2007 16:45:27 GMT
Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
> Even though I agree that it's the best to release all of our
> dependencies I would like to know your opinion on how to handle cases
> when not all our dependencies are on central server. I'm going to play
> with profiles.xml file and see how it performs for us. I would like to
> no if anyone is going to have a better/other idea.

We have to distinguish between two scenarios:

  1. building your own application using Cocoon artifacts
  2. building Cocoon from SVN

ad 1): It was my mistake that I released a POM with dependencies that are not
available on the central Maven repository. As soon as commons-jci is available,
there is no need for it anymore.

ad 2): It's only some blocks (e.g. some portal stuff) that depend on
dependencies outside. As long as they don't get released, that's not a problem.
Note that the root POM doesn't have any dependency on any other repository than
the central Maven repository anymore.
Things might be different with Maven 2.1 but I suggest that we solve this
problem when Maven 2.1 is generally available.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc