cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [test] Cocoon 2.2-RC1 & others
Date Sun, 03 Jun 2007 13:05:33 GMT
Reinhard Poetz pisze:

> The proposed release artifacts are available at
> http://people.apache.org/builds/cocoon/.
>
> Except for the archetypes the easiest way to test the artifacts is by
> adding a
> "cocoon-staging" profile to your ~/.m2/settings.xml:
>
> <settings>
>   <profiles>
>     <profile>
>       <id>cocoon-staging</id>
>         <repositories>
>           <repository>
>             <id>cocoon.staging</id>
>             <name>Cocoon staging repository</name>
>             <url>http://people.apache.org/builds/cocoon</url>
>           </repository>
>         </repositories>
>         <pluginRepositories>
>           <pluginRepository>
>             <id>cocoon.staging</id>
>             <name>Cocoon staging repository</name>
>             <url>http://people.apache.org/builds/cocoon</url>
>           </pluginRepository>
>         </pluginRepositories>
>     </profile>
>   </profiles>
> </settings>
>
> Then change the version number of the artifacts that you use in your POMs
> to the number of the proposed artifact and append "-P cocoon-staging" to
> all
> your Maven commands, e.g.
>
> mvn install -P cocoon-staging

I really think that creating separate settings file with non-default local repository path
is much better option. You don't mess your
original installation, you have clean local repo but do not loose ability to work with other
projects, etc. I gave a model file:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.cocoon.devel/73498

> Again, make sure that you use the
> cocoon-staging profile for all your commands as explained above.
> Otherwise the
> referenced artifacts can't be found.

There is a problem with dependencies of org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-rcl-webapp-wrapper:1.0.0-M1
that was reported by Joakim Verona. There are
two problems:
1. http://people.apache.org/builds/cocoon/org/apache/cocoon/cocoon/4/cocoon-4.pom contains:
<dependency>
   <groupId>org.apache.commons</groupId>
   <artifactId>commons-jci-fam</artifactId>
   <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
</dependency>
and it makes Maven going mad. It downloads both (SNAPSHOT and RC) versions but does not use
any of them at runtime. I guess we must remove
it, right?

2. I fixed first problem locally and ran mvn jetty:run -X -s testing-cocoon-settings.xml -X
and got:
[INFO] [cocoon:rcl {execution: rcl}]
[INFO] Creating a reloading Cocoon web application.
[INFO] Deploying string-template to WEB-INF/log4j.xml
[DEBUG] unspecified:unspecified:jar:0.0 (selected for null)
[DEBUG] Trying repository cocoon.staging
Downloading: http://people.apache.org/builds/cocoon/org/apache/cocoon/cocoon-rcl-webapp-wrapper/1.0.0-M1/cocoon-rcl-webapp-wrapper-1.0.0-M1.pom
[...]
4K downloaded
[DEBUG]   Artifact resolved
[DEBUG] Retrieving parent-POM: org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-tools-modules::4 for project: null:cocoon-rcl-webapp-wrapper:jar:1.0.0-M1
from the
repository.
[DEBUG] Retrieving parent-POM: org.apache.cocoon:cocoon::4 for project: null:cocoon-tools-modules:pom:4
from the repository.
[DEBUG] Retrieving parent-POM: org.apache:apache::4 for project: org.apache.cocoon:cocoon:pom:4
from the repository.
[DEBUG] Adding managed depedendencies for unknown:cocoon-rcl-webapp-wrapper
[...]
[DEBUG]   org.apache.cocoon:cocoon-rcl-webapp-wrapper:jar:1.0.0-M1:compile (selected for compile)
[DEBUG] Trying repository cocoon.staging
Downloading: http://people.apache.org/builds/cocoon/org/apache/commons/commons-jci-core/1.0-RC1/commons-jci-core-1.0-RC1.pom
[DEBUG] Unable to get resource 'org.apache.commons:commons-jci-core:pom:1.0-RC1' from repository
cocoon.staging
(http://people.apache.org/builds/cocoon)
[DEBUG] Trying repository central
Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/commons/commons-jci-core/1.0-RC1/commons-jci-core-1.0-RC1.pom
[DEBUG] Unable to get resource 'org.apache.commons:commons-jci-core:pom:1.0-RC1' from repository
central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)
[DEBUG] Artifact not found - using stub model: Unable to download the artifact from any repository

   org.apache.commons:commons-jci-core:pom:1.0-RC1

from the specified remote repositories:
   cocoon.staging (http://people.apache.org/builds/cocoon),
   central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

[DEBUG] Using defaults for missing POM org.apache.commons:commons-jci-core:pom:1.0-RC1:compile
[DEBUG]     org.apache.commons:commons-jci-core:jar:1.0-RC1:compile (selected for compile)
[DEBUG]     commons-logging:commons-logging:jar:1.1:compile (selected for compile)
[DEBUG]       log4j:log4j:jar:1.2.12:compile (selected for compile)
[DEBUG]       javax.servlet:servlet-api:jar:2.3:compile (selected for compile)
[DEBUG]     log4j:log4j:jar:1.2.12:compile (removed - nearer found: 1.2.14)
[DEBUG]     log4j:log4j:jar:1.2.14:compile (selected for compile)
[DEBUG] Trying repository cocoon.staging
Downloading: http://people.apache.org/builds/cocoon/org/apache/commons/commons-jci-core/1.0-RC1/commons-jci-core-1.0-RC1.jar
[DEBUG] Unable to get resource 'org.apache.commons:commons-jci-core:jar:1.0-RC1' from repository
cocoon.staging
(http://people.apache.org/builds/cocoon)
[DEBUG] Trying repository apache-m2-snapshot
Downloading: http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/commons/commons-jci-core/1.0-RC1/commons-jci-core-1.0-RC1.jar
[...]
26K downloaded
[DEBUG]   Artifact resolved

POM file of commons-jci-core is not downloaded because apache-m2-snapshot is not used while
searching for this pom file. However, when Maven
tries to download jar file it uses apache-m2-snpashot repository declared cocoon-rcl-webapp-wrapper.

Sight, I spent about two hours to discover things described above to only find out that we
again hit this issue:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-1975

Thoughts?

--