cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <>
Subject Re: slight problem with testing RC1
Date Sat, 02 Jun 2007 09:51:23 GMT pisze:
>> Why don't you use profile "cocoon-staging" while running this command?
> I did this in settings.xml instead:
>     <activeProfiles>
>           <activeProfile>cocoon-staging</activeProfile>
>     </activeProfiles>

To be sure that you have clean repository I suggest using additional settings file (testing-cocoon-settings.xml)
like this one:
<settings xmlns=""
           <name>Cocoon staging repository</name>
           <name>Cocoon staging repository</name>

to use it you have to run maven with -s testing-cococoon-settings.xml. I like this setup the
most because I don't have to mess up my default
repository and default settings file.

> Ok! but how did you install the archetype then?
> I checked it out using svn, and did "mvn install" for it.

I've done this:
mkdir cocoon-rc1-test
cd cocoon-rc1-test
svn co
svn co
svn co
cd cocoon-22-archetype-block-1.0.0-RC1
mvn install -s $HOME/testing-cocoon-settings.xml
[the same goes for two other archetypes]

And then followed the tutorial. Report back if it works for you.

Grzegorz Kossakowski

View raw message