cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Johnston <coc...@lojjic.net>
Subject Re: activate FOP
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2007 15:26:03 GMT
Jean-Charles.Duchaussee@smals-mvm.be wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I m trying to use FOP 0.93 with maven 1 but that's not working (launch
> error 500 at request). So someone gave me this jira :
>
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-1924?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel

> It seems that this "patch" is only for maven 2; the maven repository
> files structure is not the same and some files are missing between the
> description of the patch and the maven1 repos.

That is correct; Cocoon uses Maven2 so that is what the patch targets.

> For example, one of my errors launch : java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> org/apache/xmlgraphics/ps/PSGenerator
>
> There is no xmlgraphics folder in the maven1 repos contrary to the
> maven2 repos.

There's currently no org/xmlgraphics directory in the central Maven2
repository either, because the fop-0.93 and xmlgraphics-commons
artifacts have not yet been deployed there.  I'm currently working with
the FOP folks to get those artifacts deployed; I hope to have that
completed this week, so that we can enable the fop-ng block for Cocoon 2.2.

 > By chance, have you any informations about FOP 0.93 applied on Maven
 > 1 ?

AFAIK there are no current plans to deploy FOP 0.93 to a Maven1
repository.  The FOP developers do not use Maven themselves so they have
not been very eager to devote time to supporting Maven2 deployment, much
less Maven1.

--Jason