cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Problem with Daisy or sitemaptags2daisy tool
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2007 13:50:04 GMT
On Tue, 2007-06-12 at 13:26 +0200, Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to run sitemaptags2daisy tool, it failed throwing this exception:
> Exception in thread "main" org.outerj.daisy.repository.RepositoryException: Received
exception from repository server.
>          at org.outerj.daisy.repository.clientimpl.infrastructure.DaisyHttpClient.handleNotOkResponse(DaisyHttpClient.java:154)
>          at org.outerj.daisy.repository.clientimpl.infrastructure.DaisyHttpClient.executeMethod(DaisyHttpClient.java:85)
>          at org.outerj.daisy.repository.clientimpl.RemoteDocumentStrategy.store(RemoteDocumentStrategy.java:217)
>          at org.outerj.daisy.repository.commonimpl.DocumentImpl.save(DocumentImpl.java:383)
>          at org.outerj.daisy.repository.commonimpl.DocumentImpl.save(DocumentImpl.java:368)
>          at org.apache.cocoon.documentation.daisy.SitemapTagsToDaisy.updateDocument(SitemapTagsToDaisy.java:545)
>          at org.apache.cocoon.documentation.daisy.SitemapTagsToDaisy.createDocument(SitemapTagsToDaisy.java:551)
>          at org.apache.cocoon.documentation.daisy.SitemapTagsToDaisy.run(SitemapTagsToDaisy.java:145)
>          at org.apache.cocoon.documentation.daisy.SitemapTagsToDaisy.main(SitemapTagsToDaisy.java:82)
> Caused by: org.outerj.daisy.repository.clientimpl.infrastructure.DaisyPropagatedException:
[org.outerj.daisy.repository.RepositoryException]
> Problem storing document.
> Caused by: org.outerj.daisy.repository.clientimpl.infrastructure.DaisyPropagatedException:
[com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlDataTruncation] Data
> truncation: Data truncated for column 'stringvalue' at row 1

This error can occur when the maximum field length (255 characters) is
exceeded. Any context as to what class it was processing?

Most likely one of the annotations has a very long value. We could look
into adding a check on this so that a more user-friendly message is
thrown.