cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: [docs] Documentation for sitemap components from 2.1 lost?
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2007 15:43:40 GMT
On Mon, 2007-06-04 at 16:16 +0200, Alexander Klimetschek wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just wanted to add some useful note to the documentation for the
> XIncludeTransformer ("Note that the path in the href is RELATIVE to the
> current document!"), but as I see, the 2.2 docs on
> cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy for sitemap components don't contain the text
> of the 2.1 docs. E.g the 2.1 documentation for xinclude transformer
> (http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/xinclude-transformer.html) is quite
> long, but for 2.2
> (http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs-core/g2/g2/Transformer/985.html)
> it just says "Implementation of an XInclude transformer." along with the
> standard reference (ie. class name) and "No documentation available yet.".
>
> I always thought for sitemap compenents the javadoc of that class is used,
> but in this case the javadoc for xincludetransformer is quite short as well
> (but has yet another text).

Only some information is extracted from the source files, see the
section on sitemap component documentation at

http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs-site-main/g4/1273.html

>  So is there any place to retrieve the old 2.1
> docs from? Would make documentation much harder when all those components
> have to be redocumented again ;-)
>
> No, seriously, it would be easier for people like me to add/improve docs
> when that 2.1 content would be on current daisy (where I do have rights to
> edit things).

All 2.1 docs are in Daisy at:
http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/legacydocs/654.html

for XInclude:
http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/legacydocs/documentation/userdocs/sitemap-components/transformers/core/xinclude-transformer.html

So you could copy the old text to the new document.

Hint: when copying content between documents, it is best to open the
source document also in the editor, and copy the text from the editor,
rather than from the published view.