cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <>
Subject Re: [docs] Documentation for sitemap components from 2.1 lost?
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2007 15:43:40 GMT
On Mon, 2007-06-04 at 16:16 +0200, Alexander Klimetschek wrote:
> Hi,
> I just wanted to add some useful note to the documentation for the
> XIncludeTransformer ("Note that the path in the href is RELATIVE to the
> current document!"), but as I see, the 2.2 docs on
> for sitemap components don't contain the text
> of the 2.1 docs. E.g the 2.1 documentation for xinclude transformer
> ( is quite
> long, but for 2.2
> (
> it just says "Implementation of an XInclude transformer." along with the
> standard reference (ie. class name) and "No documentation available yet.".
> I always thought for sitemap compenents the javadoc of that class is used,
> but in this case the javadoc for xincludetransformer is quite short as well
> (but has yet another text).

Only some information is extracted from the source files, see the
section on sitemap component documentation at

>  So is there any place to retrieve the old 2.1
> docs from? Would make documentation much harder when all those components
> have to be redocumented again ;-)
> No, seriously, it would be easier for people like me to add/improve docs
> when that 2.1 content would be on current daisy (where I do have rights to
> edit things).

All 2.1 docs are in Daisy at:

for XInclude:

So you could copy the old text to the new document.

Hint: when copying content between documents, it is best to open the
source document also in the editor, and copy the text from the editor,
rather than from the published view.

Bruno Dumon