cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jorg Heymans <jheym...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Releasing 2.2-RC1
Date Tue, 22 May 2007 19:10:43 GMT
Reinhard Poetz wrote:

>> to be clear on what needs to be done:
>>
>> 1. xreporter-svn checkout of revision 684
>
> don't know which revision Jorg used to create 1.3-SNAPSHOT (see
> http://people.apache.org/repo/m1-snapshot-repository/xreporter/jars/)

684 is correct.

>> 2. build of xreporter-expression jar (oh and grouping jar?)
>
> I can't tell whether we really need grouping or not but it is listed as
> dependency of cocoon-forms-impl.

the xreporter build scripts produce these 2 separate artifacts so i
decided to keep it this way. In any case the grouping artifact is a
required dependency of expression. If grouping has no meaning on its own
then i guess they might as well be merged, either in this release or in
one of the following releases.

>> 4. finally go through
>> http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-ibiblio-upload.html
>> to get the jar uploaded at repo1
>>
>> which means
>>   - making a pom (group xreporter, artifact xreporter-expression, no
>> dependencies)

group=org.outerj.xreporter to conform to existing artifacts (see
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/outerj/). You can use the existing
poms as a basis to save some work.

If the grouping artifact is kept separate then don't forget to add it as
a dependency in expression.

>>   - creating a bundle-jar with pom and renamed jar
>>   - putting JIRA request up at
>> http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/CreateIssue.jspa?pid=10367&issuetype=3

Yup, thanks Marc !

Regards