cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <>
Subject Re: More problems with implementing servlet services
Date Sun, 13 May 2007 20:51:24 GMT
Grzegorz Kossakowski schrieb:
> Alexander, I guess that you forgot original Daniel's proposal [1].
> Generator calling service can POST it a file that is not valid XML and
> that's main difference from transformer. One could write for example:
> <map:match pattern="test5">
>   <map:generate type="servletService" src="test.html">
>     <map:parameter name="service" value="servlet:test2:/extract-html"/>
>   </map:generate>
>   <map:serialize type="xml"/>
> </map:match>
> where service would look like:
> <map:match pattern="basic-service">
>   <map:generate src="service-consumer:" type="html"/>
>   <map:serialize type="xml"/>
> </map:match>
> [1]

Sorry, I still don't get the point. Your example seems inconsistent (calling
"servlet:test2:/extract-html" and the service matches on "basic-service").
Does it mean that the service takes care of making XML from a non-XML source
(the file test.html in the example)? Why is that a requirement? Maybe you
could explain the things that should happen in this case step by step... ;-)

Alexander Klimetschek

View raw message