cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <alexander.klimetsc...@mindquarry.com>
Subject Re: More problems with implementing servlet services
Date Sat, 12 May 2007 19:31:12 GMT
Grzegorz Kossakowski schrieb:
> In generator we already use src attribute for different purpose.

Hmm, after looking at the proposed sitemap syntax in [1], I think it can be
optimized. I personally think a generator should only generate XML from some
kind of source. Doing two things (or 4 when including the POST request and
the response) at once makes it kinda difficult to understand:

<!-- This is a test of basic servlet services functionality
      servletService generator makes a HTTP POST request on
      servlet:test2:/basic-service.
      Generator posts content of test.xml file and returns to the
      pipeline result of service call.
   -->
<map:match pattern="test5">
   <map:generate type="servletService" src="test.xml">
     <map:parameter name="service"
         value="servlet:test2:/basic-service?caller=generator"/>
     </map:generate>
   <map:serialize type="xml"/>
</map:match>

The use of the transformer below seems more intuitive for me (when including
the shorter version using src=""):

<!-- This is a test of basic servlet services functionality
      servletService transformer makes a HTTP POST request on
      servlet:test2:/basic-service.
      Transformer posts content of the incoming SAX stream (here it's
      just content of test.xml file)
      and returns to the pipeline result of service call.
   -->
<map:match pattern="test6">
   <map:generate src="test.xml"/>
   <map:transform type="servletService"
       src="servlet:test2:/basic-service?caller=transformer"/>
   </map:transform>
   <map:serialize type="xml"/>
</map:match>

[1]