cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Andrew Stevens" <at...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Using variables in sitemap component parameter
Date Sun, 06 May 2007 21:45:23 GMT
>From: "Bas Suverkropp PC" <BSuverkroppPC@kluwer.nl>
>To: <dev@cocoon.apache.org>

More a query for the user list, I'd have thought...

>Subject: Using variables in sitemap component parameter
>Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 13:56:34 +0200
>
>I am trying to make my sitemap environment-independent, with local
>parameters read from
>a properties file (assembly.properties)
>
>Unfortunately, using properties does not seem to work in the components
>declaration.
>
>I want to replace
>
><map:transformer name="mail"
>src="nl.kluwer.cocoon.transformation.HtmlMailTransformer" >
>	<smtphost>smtp.provider.com</smtphost>
>	<smtpport>25</smtpport>
>	<from-address>xxx@provider.com</from-address>
></map:transformer>
>
>with something like
>
><map:transformer name="mail"
>src="nl.kluwer.cocoon.transformation.HtmlMailTransformer" >
>	<smtphost>{assembly:smtphost}</smtphost>
>	<smtpport>{assembly:smtpport}</smtpport>
>	<from-address>{assembly:from}</from-address>
></map:transformer>
>
>Any suggestions?

You didn't say which version of Cocoon you're using.  With the latest 2.2
stuff, I believe the intended method is that you include all different
versions of the configurations in your .war file and specify a "running
mode" in a system property to tell Cocoon which set to use.  With 2.1.x,
what I've done in the past is to use an external XML entity file rather than
a properties file, include it in the relevant place with e.g.

<!DOCTYPE map:sitemap [
<!ENTITY emailsettings SYSTEM "emailsettings.ent">
]>
<map:sitemap>
<map:transformer name="mail"
src="nl.kluwer.cocoon.transformation.HtmlMailTransformer" >
&emailsettings;
</map:transformer>

and let the parser do the work.  The .ent file contains the markup and
settings to include inside the map:transformer; .ent (XMLSpy's default for
external entities) rather than .xml as this probably won't be a well-formed
XML document, but you could name it anything you like.
The only down side I found was that editing the settings file required a
restart of the application before the changes would take effect (but that
may vary depending on which app server you're using).

Andrew.
--
http://pseudoq.sourceforge.net/  Open source java Sudoku application.

Reserve your place in history - Email Britain!
http://www.emailbritain.co.uk/