cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Savory <and...@luminas.co.uk>
Subject Re: svn commit: r534018 - in /cocoon: trunk/tools/cocoon-rcl/cocoon-rcl-plugin/ whiteboard/old-maven-plugins/cocoon-rcl-plugin/
Date Tue, 01 May 2007 15:25:00 GMT
Hi,

On 1 May 2007, at 12:47, reinhard@apache.org wrote:

> Author: reinhard
> Date: Tue May  1 04:47:14 2007
> New Revision: 534018

> Log:
> keep the old maven plugins easily accessible
> for some time
>
> Added:
>     cocoon/whiteboard/old-maven-plugins/cocoon-rcl-plugin/
>       - copied from r534017, cocoon/trunk/tools/cocoon-rcl/cocoon-
> rcl-plugin/
> Removed:
>     cocoon/trunk/tools/cocoon-rcl/cocoon-rcl-plugin/

*sigh*

Reinhard, you're making my life _VERY_ difficult :-(

I see little discussion on the mailing list about this sort of change
(other than a brief "I've started to merge" a couple of days ago).
I'm happy that you're doing the work, but not happy at the pain it
causes.

I'm trying to keep track of 2.2, document changes, and write slides
on using it ... but it's a frustrating experience! Having to trawl
through commit messages to find when things are about to move is
painful. I never know when a clean build on a new box is going to
fail, because jars are suddenly missing, moved or whatever. This has
pretty much been my experience for the last couple of months :-(

If you're at Apachecon, maybe we can have a beer and you can help me
understand all this?

Thanks,

Andrew.
--
Andrew Savory, Managing Director, Sourcesense UK
Tel: +44 (0)870 741 6658  Fax: +44 (0)700 598 1135