cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: DispatcherServlet
Date Wed, 30 May 2007 15:07:32 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
>> Reinhard Poetz pisze:
>>> Some suggestions
>>>
>>> servlet:byId:com.mycompany.block1.servlet:/...
>>> servlet:!com.mycompany.block1.servlet:/...

what's wrong with e.g. servlet:@com.mycompany.block1.servlet:/...?

> and b) a long time ago we had
> the idea of just using plain java.net.url implementations instead of the
> source resolver bean (and actually I'm currently working on this), so
> all sources which are now available through the source resolver will be
> available using the plain java api.
> So, I think its worth considering this now :)

AFAIU, we have to register our own protocols. For that purpose we have to call
http://javadoc.developintelligence.com/java/net/URL.html#setURLStreamHandlerFactory(java.net.URLStreamHandlerFactory)

and according to the javadocs it can only be called once per JVM. Is it a good
idea to rely on having to be the first?

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc