cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: DispatcherServlet
Date Wed, 30 May 2007 14:12:25 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler pisze:
> Now, I don't want to spoil the contest here, but I would be great if we
> could choose a real url syntax which is parsable by the java.net.URL
> class. It is a) good to have valid urls and b) a long time ago we had
> the idea of just using plain java.net.url implementations instead of the
> source resolver bean (and actually I'm currently working on this), so
> all sources which are now available through the source resolver will be
> available using the plain java api.
> So, I think its worth considering this now :)

Syntax proposed by Reinhard conforms URI specification. I know that URI is a superset of URL
that has quite loose structure so almost every
syntax that makes sense is a valid URI.
I think that you have a valid point but how we can express current URIs by using URLs? Any
neat ideas? In order to propose something on my
own I must read URL spec. to know where are boundaries.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski