cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: DispatcherServlet
Date Wed, 30 May 2007 13:53:25 GMT
Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
> Reinhard Poetz pisze:
>> Some suggestions
>>
>> servlet:byId:com.mycompany.block1.servlet:/...
>> servlet:!com.mycompany.block1.servlet:/...
>> servlet:~com.mycompany.block1.servlet:/...
>> servlet:@com.mycompany.block1.servlet:/...
>>
>> My favorite is the last one.
>
> I really like last one. I would agree to have such a syntax.

Now, I don't want to spoil the contest here, but I would be great if we
could choose a real url syntax which is parsable by the java.net.URL
class. It is a) good to have valid urls and b) a long time ago we had
the idea of just using plain java.net.url implementations instead of the
source resolver bean (and actually I'm currently working on this), so
all sources which are now available through the source resolver will be
available using the plain java api.
So, I think its worth considering this now :)

Carsten