cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <lgaw...@mobilebox.pl>
Subject Re: Custom Cocoon 2.2 projects: Alternatives to Maven 2
Date Tue, 29 May 2007 08:06:51 GMT
Hello,

Reinhard Poetz wrote:

> I've started with a prototyp of a non-Maven Cocoon 2.2 archetype. It
> should be useful to people that want to avoid Maven 2 as build system
> for their Cocoon based projects. The mail below, that I sent to the
> users list, explains in more detail how this prototyp is supposed to work.
>
> Feedback would be much appreciated.

My first question is: why would people want to avoid maven as a build
system if they get from us everything on the plate?: standard structure,
archetypes. You do not have to know maven at all and be able to run
cocoon app in under 10 minutes.

Once cocoon libs (especially plugins and archetypes) are uploaded on
public maven repo where is no easier way to start.

Custom build will always get outdated some time which will bring confusion.

--
Leszek Gawron                         http://www.mobilebox.pl/krs.html
CTO at MobileBox Ltd.