cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Separate projects on JIRA
Date Fri, 25 May 2007 15:13:41 GMT
David Blevins pisze:

> On May 19, 2007, at 5:28 AM, Joerg Heinicke wrote:
>
>> On 19.05.2007 14:10, Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
>>
>>> I would like to know your opinions on having multiple project on JIRA
>>> for Cocoon.
>>
>> If you have a look at [1] you'll see that Jira knows the concept of
>> category. And like Avalon, Geronimo or whatever have multiple projects
>> in their category it should be no problem to have the same for Cocoon.
>
> Not sure what kind of setup you guys have going on, but for stuff I work
> with seems like for every "pool of version numbers" you more or less
> have to have a Jira project.  At least that's why Geronimo has those
> projects -- each of those projects follows its own stream of version
> numbers.

I think we are going to have something similar. Blocks/modules that are released more frequently
should have its own project on JIRA because
it's impossible (or at least inconvenient) to keep all version ranges in sync.

I see that no one objects the need for separate projects. Do I have to start a formal vote
on it before asking INFRA folks for anything?

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski