cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Knecht <fel...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r539031 - /cocoon/trunk/blocks/cocoon-asciiart/cocoon-asciiart-sample/src/main/resources/COB-INF/sitemap.xmap
Date Fri, 25 May 2007 06:41:45 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko schrieb:
> Felix Knecht wrote:
>> Vadim Gritsenko <vadim@reverycodes.com> wrote:
>>> Felix,
>>>
>>> All XML files in Cocoon SVN are using same indenting standard - 2
>>> spaces,
>>> no tabs. Please revert your changes.
>>
>> I'm sorry, but I haven't used tabs.
>
> I know, I only mentioned it just in case - don't take it personally :)

I'll take it personally - otherwise I won't fix all my formattings I've
done as soon as I find some time.

>> According to your response (see
>> http://marc.info/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=117526280922062&w=2) I used 4
>> spaces as
>> you wrote. Please be clear what you expect me to use from now on 4 or 2
>> spaces?
>
> Sorry for not being clear enough - that email was written in the
> context of, and applies only to Java code. In the wider context,
> Cocoon traditionally follows two simple rules:
Cocoon traditionally...

Can we please add such things to the
http://cocoon.apache.org/community/committer.html page as well!
It would be helpful for new committers. Making this little rules
official is much better than having some implicit rules longtime
committers know and every new committer needs either to guess the
formatting rules analysing the code or being pointed to by others.

Most of us are learning world history also by reading books and papers
and not by being told the history by the parents ;-)

Felix