cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From hepabolu <hepab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CForms binding with namespaces error - advice wanted
Date Thu, 24 May 2007 22:09:00 GMT
Marc Portier said the following on 24/5/07 17:35:
> we could start off by checking some more
>
> 1/ can jxpath in fact handle namespaces correctly as described above
> ( in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-1671#action_12356396
> the orginal reporter of the issue states that this is the case, so we
> can take it from there of course)

right.

> 2/ are indeed the ns-maps inside the CommonAttributes objects on each
> JXPathBinding base correctly filled in (I suggest dumping those in
> log-debug statements during binding to verify in the various cases)

No. I've done step-by-step debugging on this and the CommonAttributes
are empty or null (can't remember exactly). In any case, no namespaces
are available. In fact CommonAttributes calls addLocalNSAttributes (or
something similar) which in turn calls Element.getAttributes() which
doesn't return any namespaces.

I can't say whether that's due to a flaw in addLocalNSAttributes or
because I was processing the binding generated through pipelineUtil.toDOM.

> if those ns-declaration-maps are empty when they should not, then we
> should fix the binding first to populate them correctly:
>
> - probably follow the path of fixing DomHelper to use the
> lookupNamespaceURI() method in combo with some xpath parsing as I
> suggested earlier)

If you could be more specific in how I should go about doing this, I'd
have another look tomorrow...eh, later today. ;-)

> - or stop joking about it and do the sax rewrite :-)

Just wondering: is this 2.1.X only or does it affect 2.2 as well?

Bye, Helma