cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Customization of cform styling (dojo)
Date Thu, 24 May 2007 21:30:01 GMT
Felix Knecht pisze:

> I want to customize the calendar gif from the
> forms-calendar-styling.xsl. In former cocoons I could do this via my
> own forms-sample-styling by overwriting the specific part in it (e.g.
> the calendar icon).
>
> It seems that for various parts this doesn't works anymore in c2.2
> because of the newer dojo implementation we use. The image paths are
> hardcoded.
> e.g. in the
> cocoon-forms/cocoon-forms-impl/src/main/resources/org/apache/cocoon/forms/resources/js/DropdownDateTimePicker.js:
>

> <snip>
> dateIconURL: cocoon.formsResourcesUri +
> "/js/templates/images/dateIcon.gif"
> </snip>
>
> Is there an easy way do do this like it was done before?
> If not how can it be done?
>

> InfoPopup.js
> MultivalueEditor.js
> MultivalueEditorWithSuggestion.js
> and probably some more are lacking of the same.

Just out of cursity, can you explain how it could be achieved with earlier versions?

formsResourcesUri variable is set in forms-field-styling.xsl[1]:
<xsl:value-of select="concat('cocoon.formsResourcesUri = ', $doubleQuote, $forms-resources,
$doubleQuote, ';')"/>

$forms-resources is set in the sitemap[2]:
<map:transform src="resources/forms-samples-styling.xsl">
   <map:parameter name="dojo-resources" value="{servlet:ajax:/resource/external/dojo}"
/>
   <map:parameter name="forms-resources" value="{servlet:forms:/resource/external/forms}"
/>
</map:transform>

As you see, servlet:forms:/ is used. Now if you want to change some resources from the form
block you need to "override
method" serving forms resources. What's that method and how you should override? The method
is a sitemap matcher that
matches requested resource and serves it. How to override it? Steps are pretty simple, you
must extend forms block by
creating new one and declaring standard forms block as a super in the connections of newly
created block. Then in the
sitemap you can declare matcher that will will match resource you need to replace.

In your case matcher would look like this:
<map:match pattern="resource/external/forms/js/templates/images/dateIcon.gif">
   <map:read ...> <!-- you serve your own icon here -->
</map:match>

Then in another block, where you actually use forms you must connect to your extended block
instead of standard one.

Description above gives you idea how it _should_ be done in new setup thanks to conecpts like
block/servlet polymorphism
and extension. The trick is that it will not work currently due to issue COCOON-2038[3].

For now, I cannot implement functionality mentioned there myself because I'm badly lacking
free time. I offer my help if
you want to do it yourself, though. It shouldn't be that much difficult.

Hope that helps.

[1]
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/trunk/blocks/cocoon-forms/cocoon-forms-impl/src/main/resources/org/apache/cocoon/forms/resources/forms-field-styling.xsl
[2]