cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r539031 - /cocoon/trunk/blocks/cocoon-asciiart/cocoon-asciiart-sample/src/main/resources/COB-INF/sitemap.xmap
Date Thu, 24 May 2007 16:10:07 GMT
Felix Knecht wrote:
> Vadim Gritsenko <vadim@reverycodes.com> wrote:
>> felixk@apache.org wrote:
>>> -reformatted
>> Felix,
>>
>> All XML files in Cocoon SVN are using same indenting standard - 2 spaces,
>> no tabs. Please revert your changes.
>
> I'm sorry, but I haven't used tabs.

I know, I only mentioned it just in case - don't take it personally :)

> According to your response (see
> http://marc.info/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=117526280922062&w=2) I used 4 spaces as
> you wrote. Please be clear what you expect me to use from now on 4 or 2
> spaces?

Sorry for not being clear enough - that email was written in the context of, and
applies only to Java code. In the wider context, Cocoon traditionally follows
two simple rules:

  * All Java code, traditionally and according to Sun's coding guidelines, comes
formatted with 4 spaces.
  * All XML files, traditionally, come with 2 space indenting.

In the past we were not able to reach consensus on any stricter rules, so these
are the only two which stay :)

Vadim