cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From hepabolu <hepab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CForms binding with namespaces error - advice wanted
Date Thu, 24 May 2007 15:07:11 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler said the following on 24/5/07 16:14:
> Helma wrote
>>
>> Yes. Source is:
>>
>> <oe:version xmlns:oe="openEHR/v1/Version"
>> xsi:type="ORIGINAL_VERSION">
>>
>> So in fact I want the first line of the binding file to bind to
>> /oe:version
>>
>> I don't think there are unused prefixes in both binding and source.
>>
> Ah, sorry, I meant are you really using the prefix in the binding file?
> Using the prefix inside of an attribute (like the path attribute) does
> actually not use the prefix. This is just arbitrary text for the parser.

That's what I'm slowly starting to realise. For proper XML validation I
do need it so I assumed the parser requires this too.

That would partially explain why the binding file (without a
namespaceURI for 'oe') still maps to the source (in the source=file
situation). It would also explain the observations in

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COCOON-1671

i.e. if the prefix is the same with a matching or a different
namespaceURI it binds, but if the prefix is different but the
namespaceURI is identical it fails.

So how should this be solved then?

Bye, Helma