cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CForms binding with namespaces error - advice wanted
Date Thu, 24 May 2007 09:56:51 GMT
Helma wrote:
> Carsten Ziegeler said the following on 23/5/07 21:43:
>> If I see this correctly, the difference between the two solutions is
>> that in the not working case, the DOMBuilder is used to build the DOM
>> whereas in the working case, the serializer is used and the result is
>> then parsed again.
>
> As Marc said, you're right.
>
> As you suggested offline I've tried serializing the output of the
> pipelineUtil.toDOM to a file and do a diff. The result is: the files are
> identical except that elements with multiple attributes have a different
> order of the attributes.
>
> Just to be sure that I didn't disguise any errors by the way I saved the
>  files, here's what I did [1].
>
> Notes:
> - pipeline is simple xml-generator + xsl-transformer + xml-serializer,
> all default stuff. The only thing different is the parameter of
> namespace prefix=true in cocoon.xconf for the xml-parser.
>
> - BTW this leads to NAMESPACE PREFIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lines in
> the console. Is that what you were referring to in your other post?
Yes, exactly that :) This has been removed in latest versions of
excalibur xmlutils (but apart from that debug msg the versions are
identical).

> So unless I have done the process of saving wrong, I don't see a
> difference between the two files.
Hmmm, I'm not sure again, but I think the dom streamer is rather tricky
and does some magic behind the scenes with namespace nodes. But I might
be mistaken.
Actually you have to compare the resulting dom trees, the one from the
pipelineutil and the one from the parser.
I would suggest streaming them with the usual jaxp stuff and not use the
domstreamer for this.

Carsten