cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 2.2 using cocoon-ajax-impl
Date Wed, 23 May 2007 12:36:20 GMT
Marc Portier pisze:
>> Yes. I did this way (I didn't touch paths, directory structure,
>> sitemap) because I didn't understand the stuff fully. There is only
>> one sample in Cocoon (in Forms) that uses this stuff but it does not
>> work up to date. I mentioned problem few times and asked for help,
>> last time here:
>> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.cocoon.devel/72629
>>

> ok, sorry for not being around with plenty of time when that happened

No problem. I hope that you will be able to help with fixing that sample.

>> I didn't know that some may want to use JSON js files directly instead
>> of calling sitemap in system. Now I think that all the functionality
>
> as far as I understand now, loading the System.JSON.js is the only way
> to  be able to add json-serialization for your own beans...
>
> But I have to say I would welcome a more Java based solution for that
> anyway (probably based on the www.json.org/java/ stuff)
>
> something that could register custom json serializers so the send-json
> pipe could actually serialize out all your domain models

Could you explain more what you mean? I really don't know JSON that much (I know basics, though).

>> should be moved to the root sitemap and necessary resources should be
>> shared via "resource/internal/**".
>>

> I had the same feeling

Go for it! :-)

>> Giacomo, as you seem to be more experienced with the JSON, could take
>> care of doing that? I can help you with any trouble you encounter. If
>
> I think it makes sense to talk about how we should be addressing the
> json serialization of custom beans...

As already explained I confused you Marc, and Giacomo (sorry guys). This way, I was referring
to you Marc as someone experienced with JSON.
Can you move current functionality and then we could discuss about alternatives?

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski