cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Portier <>
Subject Re: 2.2 using cocoon-ajax-impl
Date Wed, 23 May 2007 06:46:16 GMT

Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
> Marc Portier pisze:
>> hm,
>> looks like I'm stumbling over a partial answer:

>> I suppose the 2nd bean over there will cater for the 'system' references?
> Yes. I did this way (I didn't touch paths, directory structure, sitemap)
> because I didn't understand the stuff fully. There is only one sample in
> Cocoon (in Forms) that uses this stuff but it does not work up to date.
> I mentioned problem few times and asked for help, last time here:

ok, sorry for not being around with plenty of time when that happened

> I didn't know that some may want to use JSON js files directly instead
> of calling sitemap in system. Now I think that all the functionality

as far as I understand now, loading the System.JSON.js is the only way
to  be able to add json-serialization for your own beans...

But I have to say I would welcome a more Java based solution for that
anyway (probably based on the stuff)

something that could register custom json serializers so the send-json
pipe could actually serialize out all your domain models

wdot? (please be invited to start a discussion on this, and on how we
can cater for custom dojo widgets in a flexible way as well by the way)

> should be moved to the root sitemap and necessary resources should be
> shared via "resource/internal/**".

I had the same feeling

> Giacomo, as you seem to be more experienced with the JSON, could take
> care of doing that? I can help you with any trouble you encounter. If

I think it makes sense to talk about how we should be addressing the
json serialization of custom beans...

> you do so, don't forget to update docs:

View raw message