cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 2.2 deploying as webapp
Date Tue, 22 May 2007 17:06:36 GMT
Marc Portier wrote:
> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>> Marc Portier wrote:
>>
>>> I get http://localhost:8888/block1/ and http://localhost:8888/block2/
>>> both triggering the block1 sitemap!
>>>

>>> anybody a clue where I should be looking?
>>
>> If it's not a bug the only reason could be that you copied your
>> servlet-service configuration from block1 to block2 and forgot to
>> correct the blockcontext path.
>>

> aargh, exactly that!
>
> hm, this almost sounds like you had that happen as well once in a while :-)

for that reason I always use the archetype

> hm, this kinda puts on the table why the blocks themselves are stating
> this (and the mount-path)
>
> what is this block-context-path anyway? sounds like a directory where
> the COB-INF is unpacked

yep

>, couldn't that be implied from the block's
> jar-name?

We already put the block name as property into the MANIFEST.MF of a block (see
the jar plugin which is configured in the block's pom). The problem is that we
have to find a way to tell the servlet service bean, where all the resources
that belong to the servlet service, can be found.

> anyway, at least some advice or naming conventions should be made
> probably? (same for the bean/@ids in fact)

the configuration of a servlet service consists of at least three properties:

  - bean name
  - mount path
  - block context path

For now I don't have an idea how we could introduce a naming convention here,
which doesn't confuse more than it helps.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc