cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: More problems with implementing servlet services
Date Sat, 19 May 2007 15:54:44 GMT
Joerg Heinicke skrev:
> On 18.05.2007 16:15, Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
>> I think that the main thing to keep in mind is that when you are
>> calling as servlet service, you always build a new request and
>> response object that you use for the call.
>>
>> Now, these new request and response object certainly can refer back to
>> the original request and response objects for reusing some info. But
>> the called servlet service should have *no* direct access to the
>> original request and response objects of the caller.
>
> Grek's idea was about passing a combination of original request data AND
> additional file data.

I understood that it was hes idea. What I didn't understood and still
don't understand why such a functionality would be desirable or how it
is supposed to be used. I would need a concrete use case, preferable
with some sitemap snippets, to understand how it would be useful.

>That's what you can't handle with your notation:
>
> <map:generate src="<requestData>">
>   <map:parameter name="service" value="servlet:B:/service/some"/>
> </map:generate>
>
> Where to add the need for <fileData>?
>
> But I think the same applies to the other notation since you have only
> one parameter "postData".

Please give me a concrete use case and I will try to find an answer ;)

> In both cases you might need to merge the data
> in another cocoon:/ pipeline (or are they completely discouraged/removed?).

No plans to deprecate cocoon: this far. servlet: replaces cocoon: in
most cases, but we have no sub sitemap relative servlet: URIs yet.

/Daniel