cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <g...@tuffmail.com>
Subject Separate projects on JIRA
Date Sat, 19 May 2007 12:10:48 GMT
Hello,

I would like to know your opinions on having multiple project on JIRA for Cocoon. I brought[1]
this issue some time ago but then Reinhard
made an assumption that we would need our own JIRA instance.

Now I think this is not true. I've red somewhere that projects can have multiple JIRA projects,
each one for releasable unit, but I cannot
recall source of this information. It's obvious that we are not going to have separate JIRA
project for every releasable unit because they
are too many.

Therefore I propose to create new projects gradually as we see a strong need. I think that
good indicator of the need for separate project
is that block/module starts to have more often releases so shared versioning space on JIRA
is not enough any more.
This is my list of bocks/modules that should have separate project on JIRA:
- servlet-service-fw
- cocoon-forms
- cocoon-configuration
- maven plug-ins

Any comments? I could take care of dealing with JIRA guys during projects creation.

Do you know if moving issues between projects is possible on JIRA?

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski