cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: More problems with implementing servlet services
Date Sat, 19 May 2007 11:04:24 GMT
Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
> Reinhard Poetz skrev:
>> Daniel Fagerstrom wrote:
>> I think that continuing this discussion doesn't solve the problem.
>> Maybe we should start a poll on dev@, how others (except from Jörg,
>> Alex, Grek, Vadim you and me) think about it because I guess that most
>> of them probably don't follow this long thread anymore.
>>
>> WDYT?
>
> I think that what we are facing is that the Cocoon architecture, at
> last, start to embrace input that is more sophisticated than mere
> request parameters. We are getting to a point where input is becoming a
> first class citizen in the same way as output has been from the start.
>
> This takes some time to get used to though and some work for finding the
> right concepts for. So, no IMO it is not the time for a vote nor is it a
> kind of subject that is suitable for voting.

That was the reason why I've avoided using the word "vote". Probably the word
"poll" wasn't a much better alternative either. And yes, you are right, we can't
vote on something and just because the majority agrees, it doesn't mean that it
becomes right. The funny thing in this particular case is that maybe both
proposed solutions are not the best.

I would be interested in more opinions because I think that only a few people
are following this thread anymore.
It would be great if somebody could summarize the current discussion and start a
new thread or even an RT. I won't have the time of doing it myself - at least
not in a foreseeable future - but I'd happily discuss it.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc