cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon 2.2 status for a new project
Date Fri, 18 May 2007 13:04:23 GMT
Olivier Billard pisze:
> Hi all,
>
> I plan to use Cocoon for a project on the starting blocks.
> But I need to know if Cocoon 2.2 is ready for a new (big, critical)
> project (stable enough in terms of APIs for example), to make the good
> choice :).

We consider most of Cocoon 2.2 parts as API stable. The only module that I can think of that
is likely to be changed is servlet-service-fw
because it's under active development, now.
Core is considered as API stable and quite well tested and Reinhard is just in between of
RC release process of core-related modules.

I think that we are quite close to the final release and it is safe to start development of
a new application relying on it.

> Recently, some work has been done on the CForms, for example.

I consider most of this work finished and even if there are any new changes they shouldn't
break back-compatibility until final (1.0.0)
release of Forms that should happen really soon. At least I would like to see it soon. :-)

Given the fact that some people already rely on C2.2, it's safe to recommend C2.2 for you
too.

See this thread (the most recent one) discussing releases: http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.cocoon.devel/72730

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski