cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: DispatcherServlet
Date Thu, 17 May 2007 11:44:55 GMT
Grzegorz Kossakowski skrev:
> Giacomo Pati pisze:
>> No, no. That's not the point. The cocoon-webapp already has a way to
>> find those .xsample files. I
>> didn't wanted to construct such an additional thing
>
> How it collects these files? By listing directories, right?

IIRC that is the case for the xpathstraversable generator. So it
wouldn't work with a servlets: protocol as I conceive it.

Maybe we could have some extension to the directory generator so that it
only lists directories that contain a specified URI (like e.g.
list.xsamples) that could be implemented with the exists method in the
Servlet interface, which for the servlet service source in turn could
make a HEAD call and see if the response is 200 OK.

> If so I
> don't think it's good solution because this functionality depends on
> where blocks are unpacked which is IMHO bad practise. Basically, one of
> the purposes to use "servlet:" source is to avoid dependency on exact
> directory structure that is only block's internal concern.

Even more, the servlet: protocol isn't supposed to now anything about
directory structures. Everything is supposed to be handled through the
servlet API.

/Daniel