cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: More problems with implementing servlet services
Date Wed, 16 May 2007 14:35:06 GMT
Daniel Fagerstrom pisze:
> Grzegorz Kossakowski skrev:
>
> The current architecture is based on the assumption that the creation of
> the response header must be completely finished before the creation of
> the response body starts. I.e. that response header creation must be
> done in the setup rather than in the pipeline execution. I think (but
> haven't checked all possible consequences) that this is an unnecessarily
> restrictive assumption. AFAICS it would be enough to require that the
> creation (and output) of the response header is finished before the
> response body starts to be emitted.
>
> With such a less restrictive assumption, it would be OK to set response
> headers as I suggested above.

I wonder how to achieve this less restrictive assumption. In AbstractProcessingPipeline#setMimeTypeForSerializer()
there is:
if (mimeType != null) {
   environment.setContentType (mimeType);
} else {
   // No mimeType available
   String message = "Unable to determine MIME type for " +
     environment.getURIPrefix() + "/" + environment.getURI();
   throw new ProcessingException(message);
}

We have to move this checking somewhere further in the processing but I have no good idea
where exactly. Ideas?

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski