cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Version of Cocoon artifacts in our root pom for a release
Date Wed, 16 May 2007 13:04:01 GMT

Can anybody tell me what the right version for Cocoon artifacts in our
*released* root pom is:

  a) the snapshot version
     I don't think that's a good idea because IIUC, if a user adds a dependency
     on cocoon-core which has many transitive dependencies, he would have to
     set all versions in his own pom so that the versions don't get overriden by
     a snapshot version.

  b) the release version
     How do I know which version to set in advance? Or am I supposed to release
     the root pom for every module I want to release? That sounds too silly to be
     true, doesn't it?

  c) remove Cocoon internal dependencies from our root pom for the release?
     The best option I can think of but I'm not sure ...

  d) ???

Any ideas/opinions?

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc