cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: DispatcherServlet
Date Wed, 16 May 2007 12:29:48 GMT
Daniel Fagerstrom pisze:
> A Spring bean with directory info seem like a good idea. For increasing
> the usability I would suggest to implement a new source as well
> "servlets:" e.g. This source should be a listable source so that you can
> use it with e.g. the directory generator. The source would of course
> only be listable at the root level the listed sources would of course be
> ordinary servlet: sources.

So would it be possible to access resources via servlets: source (by using internally a servlet:
source) or not?

> So in
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/trunk/core/cocoon-webapp/src/main/webapp/blocks/sitemap.xmap

> we could use:
>
> <map:generate type="xpathtraversable" src="servlets:/">
>
> instead of the current construction. I started to work on something like
> that half a year ago but never finished it.

After having a list of servlets we would have to find out which one contain samples. I guess
that it's good idea to ask every servlet for
certain resource (e.g. samples.xsamples file). But how we do this not being connected to all
these servlets?

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski