cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: More problems with implementing servlet services
Date Mon, 14 May 2007 06:14:07 GMT
Grzegorz Kossakowski wrote:
> In this case content of test.html is POSTed to the service and is
> available to it by "service-consumer:" source. Generator in service
> pipeline reads data from "service-consumer:" so this effectively means
> that it reads "test.html" file, parsers it and returns SSAX stream
> representing html content back to the calling pipeline.
>
> Service generator and its behavior fits current meaning of a generator
> component. Currently, we call a component "generator" if it takes some
> input data (may it be non-XML) and emits SAX events based on provided
> data, right?
> Now, with service generator it means that generator redirects (posts)
> incoming raw data to the service and expects SAX events as output that
> it will pass down to the pipeline.
>
> I hope this helps.

What about reversing the logic: Instead of

 >>> <map:match pattern="test5">
 >>>   <map:generate type="servletService" src="test.html">
 >>>     <map:parameter name="service" value="servlet:test2:/extract-html"/>
 >>>   </map:generate>
 >>>   <map:serialize type="xml"/>
 >>> </map:match>

we could use

<map:match pattern="test5">
   <map:generate type="servletService" src="servlet:test2:/extract-html">
     <map:parameter name="data" value="test.html"/>
   </map:generate>
   <map:serialize type="xml"/>
</map:match>

It doesn't make that much difference for generators, but would save one line
each for serializers and transformers.

WDYT?

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc