cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: More problems with implementing servlet services
Date Sat, 12 May 2007 10:49:29 GMT
Grzegorz Kossakowski skrev:
> Daniel Fagerstrom napisaƂ(a):
>> I should obviously think before writing ;) Anyway in the endDocument()
>> method one could get the mime type from the servlet source *after* the
>> above IOUtils.copy call, then continue to call the setContentType in
>> the response object of the caller and after that call
>>
>> IOUtils.copy(servletSource.getInputStream(), super.output);
>
> This could work but it's hackiest hack I would say ;)
>
> Daniel, do you really think it's the best solution? I fear that it's
> hacking nature will bite us in near future but it's just a gut feeling...

The current architecture is based on the assumption that the creation of
the response header must be completely finished before the creation of
the response body starts. I.e. that response header creation must be
done in the setup rather than in the pipeline execution. I think (but
haven't checked all possible consequences) that this is an unnecessarily
restrictive assumption. AFAICS it would be enough to require that the
creation (and output) of the response header is finished before the
response body starts to be emitted.

With such a less restrictive assumption, it would be OK to set response
headers as I suggested above.

/Daniel