cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Fagerstrom <dani...@nada.kth.se>
Subject Re: More problems with implementing servlet services
Date Fri, 11 May 2007 14:03:23 GMT
Alexander Klimetschek skrev:
> Maybe a solution is to state the content type in the *calling* sitemap. I
> cannot imagine a situation where your postable source could result in
> different content types. You want control over that, because you probably
> continue processing the returned data in the calling sitemap and there
> you
> cannot select between two versions. I can only think of XML processing
> (aka
> text/xml) here anyway.
>
> So this content type will be somehow injected into the postable source
> and
> if the real content type is a different one, an exception is thrown.
>
> WDYT? Are there any counter examples?
Don't know. The most important scenario for variable return content type
is for content negotiation. If you POST something I guess that the input
and output mime type would be the same in most cases.
But maybe there are some other cases.

A somewhat hacky solution of the problem would be to let the
ServletServiceSerializer get the object model from the environment. From
that one can get the http request object and set the content type during
serializer execution (e.g. in the startDocument() method) instead of
during pipeline setup.

/Daniel