cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Christofer Dutz <mailingli...@c-ware.de>
Subject [Solved] JavaFlow and SuggestionLists
Date Fri, 11 May 2007 08:10:06 GMT
Hi,

For th last two weeks I was dealing with the problem, that
SuggestionLists didn't work with JavaFlow anymore. In addition to this,
also my Pipelines for saving form-data stopped workling.
I could track both of them down to the problem, that the JavaInterpreter
class constructs a ContinuationContext obejct and coppies the data of
the WebContinuation Context. When assigning a FormInstance to the
Continuation everything works fine as long as the form is shown by
sendPageAndWait (ok ok ... form.show() too, but that just uses
sendPageAndWait). Since there is no link between WebContinuation and
ContinuationContext, when loosing the reference to the temporary
ContinuationContext it is gone for ever.

I solved my problem by adapting the ContinuationContext and the
JavaInterpreter class so they provide a
ContinuationContext.getParentWebContinuation() method. If I use this to
manually set the FormInstance to this, my form is available for my
modified SuggestionListGenerator.

I would gladly provide a patch, if this solution is nice-enough to be
accepted. Without it I can see no way of beeing able to use any AJAX
widget using IFrames (SuggestionList, Upload, ...)

Chris