cocoon-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From hepabolu <hepab...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Upgrading Daisy
Date Thu, 10 May 2007 13:06:57 GMT
Reinhard Poetz said the following on 10/5/07 14:51:
>> Daisy 2.0.X changes the name of the document in the url (1.html -> 
>> 1-NS.html with NS = a namespacecode), which means you have to redo the 
>> publishing all over again because the link to the Daisy page breaks 
>> after the upgrade.
> 
> I don't see a reason why we need the namespace in our published URLs at 
> all. The Daisy plugin could cut them off.

Sure, and I'm all for cutting it off, but in Daisy the namespace is 
there so backlink from the published page should go to the namespaced 
version.

Now:

Daisy: .../1.html
Published: ../1.html (<div id="EditUrl"><a href="zones.../1.html">.....)

After upgrading Daisy 2.0:

Daisy: .../1-NS.html
Published: ../1.html (<div id="EditUrl"><a href="zones.../1.html">.....)
----This is where it goes wrong ------------>             ^^^^^^


> Basically I'm not against the upgrade but I would like to invest my time 
> rather in cleaning up and adding docs instead of upgrading the Daisy 

So true, but you need to realise that the above situation will occur 
when Daisy is upgraded and the publication has not been redone.

> plugin. In theory the upgrade shouldn't cause any problems but I learned 
> by experience that upgrades aren't that smooth as expected most of the 
> time.

:-)

> Anyway, maybe I find some time over the weekend but I can't promise it ...


ok.

Bye, Helma

Mime
View raw message