cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Portier <...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: [docs] Reworking the "Getting started" section
Date Wed, 09 May 2007 19:00:20 GMT

Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> Marc Portier wrote:
>>

>> Reinhard Poetz wrote:

>>> ok

>>> done
>>>

>> ok thx,
>> doing that now, and while working on this I realized why I had to add
>> the manual mvn cocoon:rcl in my case:
>>
>> unlike what is mentioned in the NOTE the cocoon-plugin's rcl goal was
>> NOT bound to the compile phase'
>
> yes, therefore the warning message on the top of
> http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs-site-main/g2/1159.html. Sorry
> for not mentioning it in my mail.

I'ld say: sorry for not seeing that obvious remark :-P

>> I used the archetype build from svn-trunk myself, the resulting pom
>> had to be edited:
>>
>>       <plugin>
>>         <groupId>org.apache.cocoon</groupId>
>>         <artifactId>cocoon-maven-plugin</artifactId>
>>         <version>1.0.0-M1-SNAPSHOT</version>
>>
>> <!-- this I had to add myself:
>>         <executions>
>>           <execution>
>>             <id>rcl</id>
>>             <phase>compile</phase>
>>             <goals>
>>               <goal>rcl</goal>
>>             </goals>
>>           </execution>
>>         </executions>
>> -->
>>       </plugin>
>>
>> with that in place the mvn jetty:run will force the compile, and that
>> will trigger the rcl
>>
>> if my understanding is correct, and you want me to, then I can update
>> the archetype for you
>
> go ahead, thanks!

happy to

see revision 536619.

(http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=536619)

as you can see I kept the <!-- comment-out of the plugin in place since
probably not everybody would necessarily want to use the rcl plugin, right?

in this case I think in the end some smart 'profile' would be better in
providing the flexibility between those who want it and those who don't,
for now just fiddling with <!-- is good enough IMHO

regards,
-marc=