cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Portier <...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: [docs] Reworking the "Getting started" section
Date Wed, 09 May 2007 14:59:31 GMT

Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> Marc Portier wrote:
>>
>> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>>> I've started to split up our tutorials into smaller pieces in order to
>>> make them more comprehensible:
>>>
>>>     * Your first Cocoon application using Maven 2
>>>     * Your first XML pipeline (publishing)
>>>     * Modularize Cocoon apps (Using blocks)
>>>     * Deploying a Cocoon application
>>>
>>> Additionally we should have one or two tutorials that introduce into
>>> control flow and cforms.
>>>
>>> This should help new users to get up to speed very quickly. I haven't
>>> finished them yet, but would be very interested in some feedback (too
>>> short/too long, didactics, logical gaps, ...).
>>>
>>> See
>>> http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs/g2/g1/g2/1159.html
>>
>> this seems to have some glitches
>> * I had to mvn cococoon:rcl in order for mvn jetty:run to work
>>
>> * the block is named 'myBlock1', and thus the block-url should be
>> http://localhost:8888/myBlock1/
>>
>> (although we could also mention that this is due to the @mount-path
>> attribute in the
>> src/main/resources/META-INF/cocoon/spring/servlet-service.xml)
>
> ok
>
>> by the way:
>> * could somebody grant me (registered as mpo) some rights on the daisy
>> instance so I can edit things like this myself? thx.
>
> done

ok thx,
doing that now, and while working on this I realized why I had to add
the manual mvn cocoon:rcl in my case:

unlike what is mentioned in the NOTE the cocoon-plugin's rcl goal was
NOT bound to the compile phase'

I used the archetype build from svn-trunk myself, the resulting pom had
to be edited:

       <plugin>
         <groupId>org.apache.cocoon</groupId>
         <artifactId>cocoon-maven-plugin</artifactId>
         <version>1.0.0-M1-SNAPSHOT</version>

<!-- this I had to add myself:
         <executions>
           <execution>
             <id>rcl</id>
             <phase>compile</phase>
             <goals>
               <goal>rcl</goal>
             </goals>
           </execution>
         </executions>
-->
       </plugin>

with that in place the mvn jetty:run will force the compile, and that
will trigger the rcl

if my understanding is correct, and you want me to, then I can update
the archetype for you

regards,
-marc=