cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Grzegorz Kossakowski <gkossakow...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [docs] Reworking the "Getting started" section
Date Wed, 09 May 2007 13:26:56 GMT
Reinhard Poetz pisze:

> I've started to split up our tutorials into smaller pieces in order to
> make them more comprehensible:
>
>     * Your first Cocoon application using Maven 2
>     * Your first XML pipeline (publishing)
>     * Modularize Cocoon apps (Using blocks)
>     * Deploying a Cocoon application
>
> Additionally we should have one or two tutorials that introduce into
> control flow and cforms.
>
> This should help new users to get up to speed very quickly. I haven't
> finished them yet, but would be very interested in some feedback (too
> short/too long, didactics, logical gaps, ...).
>
> See
> http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs/g2/g1/g2/1159.html
> http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs/g2/g1/g2/1290.html
> http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs/g2/g1/g2/1291.html
> http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs/g2/g1/g2/1362.html

Reinhard, you are making some much great effort that it's sometimes hard to follow docs list.
;-)

I've read them quite carefully and I think they look good. I will try to follow all instructions
and build a block to see if there is no
typos and everything is really clear. Expect more useful comments soon.

> Since I won't have time to write the flowscript/cforms tutorial, it
> would be great if somebody else could help out. Thanks.

I was already thinking about it but I do not have that much free time to make it really well.
If no one else offers his help I will try to
produce some useful pieces, though.

>                                    - o -
>
> I also want to extend the block archetype so that it also contains a
> simple publishing pipeline and a forms app. This adds a lot of things
> that are only useful for beginners but not for somebody who is already
> familiar with Cocoon blocks and only wants to create just another block.
> For them I will create an archetype that is nearly empty.

+1

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski