cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Portier <...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: [docs] Reworking the "Getting started" section
Date Tue, 08 May 2007 14:53:32 GMT

Reinhard Poetz wrote:

> I've started to split up our tutorials into smaller pieces in order to
> make them more comprehensible:
>
>     * Your first Cocoon application using Maven 2
>     * Your first XML pipeline (publishing)
>     * Modularize Cocoon apps (Using blocks)
>     * Deploying a Cocoon application
>
> Additionally we should have one or two tutorials that introduce into
> control flow and cforms.
>
> This should help new users to get up to speed very quickly. I haven't
> finished them yet, but would be very interested in some feedback (too
> short/too long, didactics, logical gaps, ...).
>
> See
> http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs/g2/g1/g2/1159.html

this seems to have some glitches
* I had to mvn cococoon:rcl in order for mvn jetty:run to work

* the block is named 'myBlock1', and thus the block-url should be
http://localhost:8888/myBlock1/

(although we could also mention that this is due to the @mount-path
attribute in the
src/main/resources/META-INF/cocoon/spring/servlet-service.xml)

by the way:
* could somebody grant me (registered as mpo) some rights on the daisy
instance so I can edit things like this myself? thx.

* I noticed the cocoon-maven-plugin is at 1.0.0-M1-SNAPSHOT while the
rest of trunk seems to be talking about 1.0.0-RC1-SNAPSHOT, any
compelling reason?

haven't checked the rest yet.

> http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs/g2/g1/g2/1290.html
> http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs/g2/g1/g2/1291.html
> http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs/g2/g1/g2/1362.html
>
> Since I won't have time to write the flowscript/cforms tutorial, it
> would be great if somebody else could help out. Thanks.
>
>                                    - o -
>
> I also want to extend the block archetype so that it also contains a
> simple publishing pipeline and a forms app. This adds a lot of things
> that are only useful for beginners but not for somebody who is already
> familiar with Cocoon blocks and only wants to create just another block.
> For them I will create an archetype that is nearly empty.
>
> WDYT?

good initiative,

regards,
-marc= (trying to keep a closer eye on the cocoon-docs list)