cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeroen Reijn <>
Subject Re: Cocoon/Hippo get external xml
Date Mon, 07 May 2007 10:36:37 GMT

I'm afraid you're sending this to the wrong list. Since this is a Hippo
CMS specific question I guess it's best to send it to the Hippo list.
See [1] for the correct lists. Since Hippo is using Cocoon there will be
several ways of solving this, but let's take it to the correct list and
handle it there.

Kind regards,

Jeroen Reijn

biggie_mac wrote:
> I want to get some data from an xml using <xsl:value-of
> select="document(file.xml)/parent/..etc"> The only problem is that my xml
> files are in
> C:\hippo-repository-1.2.10\slide\content\files\default.preview...etc and my
> page.xsl is in C:/site
> So in order of document(file.xml) to work, the xml and xsl should be in the
> same folder and they are not
> I found a way arounf but I don't think it's such a good thing, plus it looks
> complicated
> so instead of having a variable <xsl:variable
> select="document(file.xml)/parent.., I created a pipeline that selects that
> particular xml document and I now have something like
> <xsl:variable name=a><xsl:apply-templates
> select=thepipeline/></xsl:variable>
> and somewhere in the lower part of the page.xsl I have defined a template
> which get's the value I want. I don't know if anyone understood. Anyone
> knows an easier way to get values from an external document? 10 in advance

View raw message