cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject [docs] Reworking the "Getting started" section
Date Sun, 06 May 2007 17:56:39 GMT

I've started to split up our tutorials into smaller pieces in order to make them
more comprehensible:

     * Your first Cocoon application using Maven 2
     * Your first XML pipeline (publishing)
     * Modularize Cocoon apps (Using blocks)
     * Deploying a Cocoon application

Additionally we should have one or two tutorials that introduce into control
flow and cforms.

This should help new users to get up to speed very quickly. I haven't finished
them yet, but would be very interested in some feedback (too short/too long,
didactics, logical gaps, ...).

See
http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs/g2/g1/g2/1159.html
http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs/g2/g1/g2/1290.html
http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs/g2/g1/g2/1291.html
http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs/g2/g1/g2/1362.html

Since I won't have time to write the flowscript/cforms tutorial, it would be
great if somebody else could help out. Thanks.

                                    - o -

I also want to extend the block archetype so that it also contains a simple
publishing pipeline and a forms app. This adds a lot of things that are only
useful for beginners but not for somebody who is already familiar with Cocoon
blocks and only wants to create just another block. For them I will create an
archetype that is nearly empty.

WDYT?

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc