cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Poetz <reinh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cocoon Maven plugin - Merging deployer & rcl
Date Wed, 02 May 2007 09:20:50 GMT
Giacomo Pati wrote:

> I'm still trying to migrate my project from deployer to rcl plugin with no success (and
now not even
>  the old one works) :-(
>
> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>> Reinhard Poetz wrote:
>>> I think that Cocoon should only have one Maven plugin with as many
>>> goals as needed.
>> I've done the work (sorry Andrew that I committed at the wrong moment)
>> today. I  successfully run mvn clean install -P allblocks with an empty
>> repository this evening.
>>
>> If you want to use the plugin or want to upgrade, add it to your pom.xml
>>
>>        <plugin>
>>          <groupId>org.apache.cocoon</groupId>
>> -        <artifactId>cocoon-rcl-plugin</artifactId>
>> +        <artifactId>cocoon-maven-plugin</artifactId>
>>          <version>1.0.0-M1-SNAPSHOT</version>
>>        </plugin>
>>
>> In order to invoke it, use
>>
>> cocoon:rcl     (was cocoon-rcl:webapp)
>> cocoon:deploy  (cocoon:deploy)
>>
>> As time permits here at the ApacheCon, I will work on the documentation
>> of both goals and their properties.
>>
>> In short, the first one creates a minimal web application that enables
>> you to run a block. As the name says it supports automatic reloads
>> whenever a resources changes. This feature also includes .java files.
>
> I got a couple of NPE when starting a block with jetty:run:

[snip]

> I cannot determine whether this is normal or not.

I see this exception too but can't help with it.

> Patches are not applied with the cocoon:rcl and cocoon:deploy requires you project being
of
> packaging war but sometimes patches are needed as part of a deployment process of a webapp
(i.e.
> ACEGI filters).
>
>> The second one allows "patching" the web.xml by adding snippets from
>> META-INF/cocoon/xpatch to it. It also supports a feature that reverses
>> the classloader hierarchy in a web application by using a shielding
>> classloader.
>
> But can only be used if packaging of the project is war!

I ported the patching functionality to cocoon:rcl too. In order to be consistent
with our other directory names, the plugins search for patch files in
/COB-INF/cocoon/xpatch/*.xweb.

But I have to admit that I only tested it very basically because I don't really
use it myself.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc